The West Lafayette Schools Education Foundation awards over 20 scholarships to West Lafayette High School graduates every year. These scholarships are made possible through generous donations from community members. Each of these scholarships honors past Alumni, current Alumni, or esteemed West Lafayette community members.
How to Apply
The application process for these scholarships is conducted through West Lafayette High School, and applications are available each year after Spring Break. Students can pick up applications from the guidance office or by visiting the West Lafayette High School website.
The West Lafayette Alumni Association presented its inaugural West Lafayette Alumni Association Scholarship in May 2013. This scholarship recognizes one senior boy and senior girl who have participated in two or more extracurricular activities and have attended West Lafayette High School for at least three years.
Other scholarships awarded by WLSEF include:
- Bajaj Family Robotics Scholarship for a student with active involvement in robotics
- Bernarr Folta Memorial Scholarship for outstanding writing
- Carter D. Kiser Memorial Scholarship given to an outstanding student in FIRST Robotics
- Challenge Scholarship for a student who transferred to Westside from outside of the county between 7th and 12th grades
- Christopher G. Cline Memorial Scholarship for student athletes
- Christian Thomas Burns "One More" Scholarship for students who always go above and beyond
- Golden Scholarship for a student planning to attend an Indiana institutions for post secondary education
- Gordon Straley Memorial Scholarship for outstanding seniors
- Lauren M. Wastl Memorial Scholarship for student athletes
- Lauren M. Wastl Volleyball Scholarship for the most inspiring volleyball player
- Leon Trachtman Memorial Scholarship for a student that will major in Liberal Arts at Purdue University
- Memorial Athletic Scholarship for students who are athletes, scholars and leaders
- Nick Michael Sevigny Memorial Scholarship for a student who consistently makes positive choices
- Red Devil Pride Swim Scholarship for a swimmer who participated in community service and shows a positive attitude
- Sean Connell and Kelleigh Krogmann Citizenship Award for special education students
- Steven J. Sullivan Memorial Scholarship for actively involved students with a zesty sense of humor
- Thomas M. Price Memorial Swim Scholarship for an inspiring swimmer
- West Lafayette Education Association Scholarship for a student that plans to study for the education profession
- West Lafayette Starter Scholarship for students who show character and future promise
- WIPP Scholarship for students who show integrity, a positive attitude and a sense of humor
- WLHS Alumni Association Scholarship for students that are positive and participate fully
- WLHS Athletic Booster Club Scholarship for student athletes
For more information about these scholarships and how to support them, please contact Lindsay Walls at firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-269-4007.