The West Lafayette Schools Education Foundation is pleased to offer grants to West Lafayette Athletics coaches through the John T. Taylor Endowment for Athletics.
Mr. Taylor, a 1957 West Lafayette High School graduate, created an endowment to support athletics. His gift honors the coaches who helped him and his brothers, Walter Taylor ’60 and Karl Taylor ’61, during their formative school years. Mr. Taylor dedicates this gift to coaches Breckenridge, Straley, Berberian and Tatlock who were role models for performance, teamwork, and winning.
Current West Lafayette coaches can apply for up to $500 to support professional development for themselves and/or their coaching staff. Examples include attendance at coaching clinics, access to video/online resources, leadership development opportunities, a retreat for coaching staff to learn and plan together, etc.
- Grant applications are due by 4:00 PM on Friday, March 8, 2024.
- Grant awards will be announced by Friday, April 5, 2024. All applicants will receive a response letter by this date.
- Grant funds are to be expended by May 24, 2024.
- Implementation should be completed by the end of the first semester of the 2024-25 school year.
- Documentation of implementation must be submitted by December 31, 2024. Examples of documentation include a narrative report, video or photos, PowerPoint, etc. It is the coach’s responsibility to make sure that any students appearing in documentation materials have the proper parental consent on file.
- Application materials should be submitted to Wendi Ailor, WLSEF Executive Director, and can be sent via inter-office mail to Central Office or to the WLSEF Office.
Download information about how grants are evaluated and awarded.
Apply for a Grant
Download our grant application to apply for a grant.
Help fund grants for teachers in all West Side schools.
The following grants are awarded in 2023:
Shari Bittles, Volleyball
Held a retreat for coaches from all age levels that includes discussion of two common readings, Culture Wins and Coaching Gold, giving them time to plan together for the upcoming season.
Jocelyn Cavalier, Soccer
Purchased a weekly training program to assist the coaches in planning practices that enhance player development.
Chauncey Fry, Softball
Hosted a coaching clinic for the youth rec program in order to build a stronger program that leads into the school’s team.