2023 Wall of Pride Dates Announced
The West Lafayette Schools Education Foundation and the West Lafayette Alumni Association are pleased to announce the fifth Wall of Pride class. Five distinguished alumni and one educator will be recognized for career accomplishments on Thursday and Friday, April 13-14, 2023. The 2023 Wall of Pride class includes:
- Sonia Angell ’83 – public health leader, Professor of the Practice, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and assistant clinical professor of medicine at Columbia University;
- John Dennis ’77 – West Lafayette, Indiana mayor;
- David Kelso ’63 – clinical professor of Biomedical Engineering at Northwestern University;
- Gary Lehman ’70 – retired chairman of the board of Oerlikon Fairfield and local civic leader;
- Chris Ho ’84 – Founder, and CEO of Drug Design Methodologies, Senior Research Fellow at Qubit Pharmaceuticals;
- Joseph Krause, Educator – Social Studies teacher at WLHS from 1961-1999.
The inductees will be introduced to students at a convocation on Friday, April 14 at West Lafayette Junior-Senior High School. Alumni will also visit select classes. The Wall of Pride ceremony is an annual event.
Dan Walbaum, associate principal at West Lafayette Junior-Senior High School shares, “The Wall of Pride was established for the purpose of celebrating our alumni and our schools. It really is a highlight of the school year for our students and teachers. It is our hope that the Wall of Pride inductees will be an inspiration for generations of the West Lafayette High School community – past, present, and future.”
The Wall of Pride honors celebrated alumni whose actions or achievements in their chosen fields bring admiration and distinction to the heritage of West Lafayette High School. Members are nominated by fellow alumni, parents, current West Lafayette students, faculty, staff and administrators, and citizens from the community. Nominees are reviewed annually and are selected by a committee comprised of West Lafayette High School administrators, alumni, and members of the West Lafayette Schools Education Foundation.