November 26, 2019
- Morgan Asay, West Lafayette Intermediate School art teacher, requested funding for the purchase of two 3D printers, two Chromebooks and printing materials for her grant “Creating Art Using 3D Printers.”
- Connie Workman, from the West Lafayette Intermediate School Media Center, submitted a grant proposal called “One Book, One School: Coming Together” and was awarded $750 to purchase multiple copies of books for students and staff to read together.
- Yvonne Abrahamson, Fifth Grade teacher West Lafayette Intermediate School, requested funding for materials to make cookies. She was awarded $230 to purchase materials.
- Marydell Forbes, an English teacher at West Lafayette Jr./Sr. High School, submitted her grant “Love Literacy Week Keynote Speaker: Jay Coles Is Here” to fund the visit of author Jay Coles to speak to student. She was awarded $1500.
- Peter von Werder, science teacher at West Lafayette Jr./Sr. High School, requested funding for wireless tools for his science classroom and was awarded $950 for the purchase of those materials.
- Verna Yoder, the West Lafayette Jr./Sr. High School Art teacher, submitted a grant proposal for digital photography equipment and was awarded $710.84 for the purchase of two Cannon digital cameras and equipment.
- Darice Sheiss & Amanda Foutch, both teachers at West Lafayette Intermediate School, requested funding for their proposal “Why Does Matter Matter?” and were awarded $358.98 for the purchase of 12 play and freeze, ice cream making balls for their students.
- Alivia Brooks, music instructor at West Lafayette JR./SR. High School, submitted a proposal for numerous percussion instruments to be used for a drum circle for students with special needs. She was awarded $1491.66 to purchase the items needed.
- Lucas Harmon, 6th Grade science teacher, requested funding for a laser engraver and was funded $750 for his grant “Full STEAM Ahead: Incorporating a Laser Engraver Printer into the Classroom.”
Want to help?
Get involved today with a donation to WLSEF!